End the CAPTCHA Agony!
PlayThru is the CAPTCHA replacement that makes people smile: a set of quick, simple minigames that stop spam without that distorted text. It’s completely free, and users love it! Learn more →
The Are You a Human vBulletin plugin allows you to easily add PlayThru to forms on your vBulletin site.
Using PlayThru requires a Publisher Key and a Scoring Key, used to authenticate your site when connecting to our servers.
If you have not already done so, please create an account to get your keys.
How to Install
- Unzip the plugin archive
- FTP the files from the upload folder to your vBulletin directory
How to Configure
- In your vBulletin Administrator Control Panel, click on “Plugins & Products” in the sidebar on the left. Then click “Manage products.”
- Click “Add/Import Product.”
- Click “Choose File” and select the product-ayah01.xml XML file.
- Click the “Import” button.
- In your vBulletin Administrator Control Panel, click on “Settings” in the sidebar on the left. Then click “Options.”
- Select “Are You A Human PlayThru Settings.”
- Click the “Edit Settings” button.
- Enter your Publisher Key and Scoring Key. Once you’re done, click the “Save” button.
- In your vBulletin Administrator Control Panel, click on “Settings” in the sidebar on the left. Then click “Human Verification Manager.”
- Select the “PlayThru” radio button, then click the “Save” button.
Congratulations: PlayThru is now configured!
Known Issue with Search
Unfortunately, there is currently a bug that causes the PlayThru plugin to break vBulletin’s search feature. We are working on a solution and will update this page as soon as more information becomes available.
If PlayThru isn’t loading for you, please check the following:
- If PlayThru is set to “Lightbox” mode, it won’t display until after your form has been submitted. You can check which mode PlayThru is set to in the “Game Style” section of the Dashboard.
- Make sure that you are using the correct publisher key and scoring key.
- Check to see if your server and/or network has a firewall which prevents outbound connections via port 443.
We’d be more than happy to help you get set up. Contact us and one of our friendly Support Humans will get back to you within twenty-four hours.