phpBB Plugin Installation Instructions
Download phpBB Plugin Files
The Are You a Human phpBB plugin allows you to easily add PlayThru to forms on your phpBB site.
This plugin requires the phpBB AutoMOD tool. You can download AutoMOD and find installation instructions on the phpBB website.
If you have not already done so, please create an account and add a site on which you plan to have a PlayThru;.
How to Install
Please note: This plugin has been tested with phpBB 3.0.8 and 3.0.9. If you have an older version of phpBB, please update your installation before installing the PlayThru plugin. Also, please uninstall any older versions of this plugin before installing the current version.
- Download the plugin. You do not need to unzip the file.
- Sign in to your phpBB admin control panel.
- Click the AutoMod tab in the top navigation bar. (If you have not yet installed the phpBB AutoMOD tool, you will need to download and install it from the phpBB website.)
- Scroll down to the "Upload MOD" section and upload the "mod_areyouahuman.zip" file you downloaded from this site.
- You may see a message confirming that the plugin has been uploaded. If so, click "Continue to AutoMOD".
- Click the "Install" link to complete the installation.
How to Configure
- Click the "General" tab in the navigation bar.
- Click "Spambot countermeasures" under the "Board Configuration" header in the left-hand column.
- Scroll down to the "Available Plugins" section and choose "Are You a Human" from the "Installed plugins" dropdown menu.
- Click the "Configure" button
- Enter your Publisher Key and Scoring Key. In the "Are You a Human Server" field, enter "ws.areyouahuman.com". Click the "Submit" button once you're done
- Go back to the "Spambot countermeasures" page.
- Make sure "Are You a Human" is selected in the "Installed plugins" dropdown menu. Once it is, you should see PlayThru in the Preview pane below.
- Click the "Submit" button. You should now see PlayThru wherever you used to have a CAPTCHA.
If PlayThru isn't loading for you, please check the following:
- If PlayThru is set to "Lightbox" mode, it will only display once the form it's included in has been submitted. You can see which mode PlayThru is set to in the "Game Style" section of the Dashboard.
- Make sure that you are using the correct publisher key and scoring key.
- Check to see if your server and/or network has a firewall which prevents outbound connections via port 443.
If you need further support, head on over to our Support Center. We'd be more than happy to help you out!
If you run into any issues during your installation process please use our support forums.
We appreciate all feedback and are ready to help! Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for PlayThru™ updates.