End the CAPTCHA Agony!
PlayThru is the CAPTCHA replacement that makes people smile: a set of quick, simple minigames that stop spam without that distorted text. It’s completely free, and users love it! Learn more →
The Are You a Human Joomla plugin allows you to easily add PlayThru to forms on your website. It’s super easy to install and configure.
This Joomla! plugin for PlayThru was graciously created by a member of our community! Since this plugin was not developed by Are You a Human, we don't provide support, so please contact the developer for installation instructions and help.
Download the plugin from Fabbrica Binaria
Using PlayThru requires a Publisher Key and a Scoring Key, used to authenticate your site when connecting to our servers.
If you have not already done so, please create an account to get your keys.
Installing the Plugin
- Log into the Administrator section of your Joomla site and navigate to Extensions → Extension Manager.
- Below the Upload Package File heading, click “Choose File,” find the Are You a Human plugin you just downloaded, and click “Upload and Install.”
Configuring the Plugin
- Navigate to the Extensions → Plugin Manager and find the “Captcha - PlayThru” plugin. If the plugin is actived, you will see a green checkmark in the “Status” column. If you see a red circle instead, click the circle to activate the plugin.
Click on “Captcha - PlayThru” to open the PlayThru settings screen, and copy and paste your publisher key and scoring key into the appropriate fields. You can find your keys on the Dashboard.
- Click the “Save & Close” button, then navigate to Site → Global Configuration.
- Under Site Settings, select “Captcha - PlayThru” as your Default Captcha.
- Click the “Save & Close” button.
In some cases, you may need to make additional changes elsewhere in Joomla to get the plugin to work.
If you have caching enabled, you will need to clear Joomla’s cache and then refresh your browser to get PlayThru to display instead of your previous CAPTCHA.
Joomla Contact Form
If you’re having trouble getting to display in your Joomla Contact Form, you may need to specifically enable PlayThru in your contact form:
- Navigate to Components → Contacts
- Click the “options” icon at the top right of the screen
- In the window that opens, select the “Forms” tab
- Make sure the field called “Allow CAPTCHA on Contact” is set to “Default.” (The “default” setting loads the options from your global configuration settings.)